Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cultural Event: BSU Fashion show

Attending the BSU event was exciting to me. This was the first year that I didn’t take part in the planning. It really felt good that I was able to attend this time because it pulled so much into perspective for me. A lot of people don’t agree with fashion shows being on campus but I think otherwise. I look at it as a time for people from all walks of life to come together to celebrate. During the show it had appeared to me the energy models gave. The energy wasn’t your most typical energy. In the “main” fashion industry models show no expressions. They are to wear what the designers make and they are to sell it. Well when I attended the BSU fashion shows it was totally different. They models were all happy and engaging in each other’s energy. It reminded me of rip the run way that airs on BET (Black Entertainment Television). Attending this show allowed me to see how people of color come together and just enjoy one another. It also taught me that a show doesn’t always have to be serious, seeing that I am big on fashion and it’s never taken as a joke. I see this as another journey of happiness, doing what makes you happy and doing so in a fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment