Monday, December 19, 2011

African Americans


The Malcolm X video was moving in so many ways. It was a BIG reminder to me as to why I have the things I have today. It’s interesting to see how many people fought for equality which allowed ALL people of color to get where we are today. While watching the film so many things were put into perspective for me. As I continued to watch the film I started to compare him to Dr. King. I didn’t understand why Malcolm X didn’t get a lot of credit for the things that he’s done. I mean personally if Malcolm X was here today I feel like our generation could relate to him a lot more. I state this because Malcolm X seemed to be a BLUNT individual.

It had been so long since I’ve heard anything about Malcolm X. In fact I was shocked to see that I was finally learning something about a man whose teachings had been kept silent for so long. From the video it was clear to me as to why I never really learned much about Malcolm X. In relation to Dr. King, his teaching was more calm and broad verses Malcolm X, I believe his teaching were to explicit for his time period.

From the video I didn’t really learn anything new that I hadn’t already knew it just re insured me that there are so many teachings from our past that in constantly being kept a secret. In high school when I did learn about Malcolm X he was interpreted as being a BAD man who didn’t want the best for his people. That in fact isn’t true. It was just that his teachings weren’t liked by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment